Push and Talk with Zello PTT Walkie Talkie
Are you a fan of live streaming video and walkie-talkie? Zello PTT is a push-to-talk Android and iOS app for PCs, mobile phones, and tablets. It allows users searching worldwide channels about various interests which can be either public or password-protected. The app is pretty easy to set up and use.
NOTE! If you don’t like to read – press the verdict and get it now buttons below!
iPhone, iPod Touch, iPad, Android
Google Play, iTunes
1 year ago
Interface – 9.5/10
Get the app on your device and create a username. To find your friends, add your phone number. The app’s background is made in black color which is a bit unusual for messengers. The main options with such boxes as Recents, Contacts, and Channels are at the top of the screen. To fill in your profile, just add your name and write something about you. The other features include Accounts, Appearance, Push-to-Talk button, Behavior for changing a status, History, and Alerts.
As soon as you get the app you can add channels and contacts, create new accounts, send and receive messages. A search function enables users to find channels for anything from fashion and hobbies to education and breaking world news. To start a conversation, just push the big circle in the middle of the page and let it off to stop talking. You can also set our availability status like Offline, Busy or Available.
Features – 8/10
Let’s have a look at Zello’s key features:
- An app that works as a walkie-talkie and live streaming video source. So, you can create your own public and private channels and talk about anything you want;
- Quality sound;
- Keep a history of your conversations including voice history;
- Lots of fun and interesting channels with a great number of participants. Show your talents and skills using Zello. If you play the piano or draw amazing paintings, how about live stream concert or a painting class? Become famous and meet like-minded people;
- Call alert;
- You can also send messages and images;
- Push notifications;
- Hands-free and Bluetooth support.
Performance and User Experience – 8/10
On the whole, users are pleased with the app’s performance. The bugs are minimal, and there were no critical delays with the messages. Some users were disappointed with the channels because when they tried to join one of them, the app froze and force closed. And how about the quality of the sound? Well, it will definitely depend on Wi-Fi speed, the device, and surrounding noise. Some people do not experience any “underwater effect” whereas others can hardly hear anyone.
Devices Compatibility – 8/10
The app is compatible with iOS and Android.
As the name suggests, Zello is a very useful tool for many purposes. Users can communicate with friends and even large groups even when a Wi-Fi connection is poor. It even works on 2G. With its more than 30 million users worldwide and growing demand in push to talk apps, Zello is becoming more and more popular for personal and business use. It definitely has many advantages over calling as phone calls are not always convenient when you want to talk with more than one person.
Performance and User Experience8.0/10
- Download for free via iTunes or Google Play;
- Great tool for video conferences;
- The app works without cell phone service, only Wi-Fi is needed. It’s also applicable for 2G, 3G, and 4G;
- More than 2000 users can communicate simultaneously in real-time. Just push the button, and your mobile turns into wide-reaching radio;
- With HD voice transmission and clear sound, you’ll never miss a word
- Strict parental control is needed as some of the channels are for adults only