Advance your Career with LinkedIn
LinkedIn is a leading social network which helps to build professional relationships and stay in touch with the business world. With its Android and iOS app, it becomes easier to search and apply for a job, communicate with people that matter and get updates on the companies you are interested in.
NOTE! If you don’t like to read – press the verdict and get it now buttons below!
iPhone, iPod Touch, iPad, Android
11 months ago
Interface – 8/10
The interface layout is similar to Facebook. On the top right of the screen you will see the main features: Home, My Network, Jobs, Messaging, Notifications, Me, and Tools. Upon registration begin with your resume. You can share it with the prospective employers right from your mobile phone. Don’t forget to add a profile image. The real-time messaging allows users to keep the conversations going. Search for jobs, people, schoolmates, and companies using the app’s research tool on the top of the page. The bell icon shows notifications including likes, follows and profile views. You will also see the suggestions to connect with people you probably know.
Features – 9/10
Let’s have a look at the app’s key features:
- The best business platform to build professional relationships and find a job;
- Great searching tools for employers and employees;
- Latest business news;
- Customer support;
- Email summaries with a listing of open jobs;
- Customizable profile, i.e. you can turn off the visibility of any section, such as skills, picture or education;
- Find information about people who work at a company you are interested in;
- Calendar and contact syncing;
- Create your own network, see updates on its activity and share articles within your group;
- Showcase your product and company.
Note that the app has four Premium accounts that cost from $29.99 to $119.99 per month. Premium subscribers get advanced search options, automatic candidate tracking, lead recommendations, featured applicant listing, and more.
Performance and User Experience – 8.5/10
Most users consider LinkedIn to be the best platform to find coworkers, recruiters and companies. They value the job postings which can be customized to specific needs. The app mixes social and professional features. However, some people think that the app needs more options like blocking or sorting. There are also some complaints about customer support, excessive messages from the unknown users and unauthorized charges when users opted for payable accounts. In its latest version some bugs have been fixed, and performance has been improved.
Devices Compatibility – 9/10
The app is available for Android, iOS and Windows. The company also released a Lite version for Android which offers almost all features of the website but has a smaller package.
LinkedIn is an important and useful tool if you are searching for a job and information about the company you dream of. Users can update their profile, add the previous companies they worked for, add co-workers and partners and build stable business relationships. In addition to its social and labor features, the app publishes lots of news related to the employment. If you are serious about your career, you should have a LinkedIn account.
Performance and User Experience8.5/10
- The number one professional network with a large database of companies and professionals;
- The basic version is free;
- Great search capabilities;
- Multimedia pieces for profiles;
- Privacy setting so that your current employer couldn’t see you are looking for a new job.
- Premium subscription is not free, fees start from $29.99 per month. The unused period of the term is not refunded;
- Excessive emails by default;
- Overloaded interface.