POF (PlentyOfFish) – is it a noteworthy dating app?
POF is an abbreviation for PlentyOfFish – so you can see, the name of the app can already say a lot. This is another wonderful opportunity to look for matches or flirt online from your mobile. Should you prefer this one over Skout, MeetMe, OkCupid or Tagged?
NOTE! If you don’t like to read – press the verdict and get it now buttons below!
Plentyoffish Media ULC
5.51 for iOS
iPhone, iPod Touch, iPad, Android
11 months ago
Interface – 9/10
I enjoy clean interfaces without too many hearts, swans and sparkles. This one exactly fits my needs – no unnecessary elements put there just for fun, the buttons are clearly separated, and all useful functions can be found right away. The combination of white and sky blue is pleasant to an eye and makes associations with fishing, indeed. And that is funny. The menu is convenient, and the button size is precisely so to fit the thumb or index finger size. That may seem obvious, but there are still developers over there who fail to do that right.
Features – 9/10
My first insight into the variety of POF features was successful enough: everything is on the fingertips and can be found easily. The developers paid particular attention to super simple conversation menu, by the way, all the key features are available for free. It is considered the possibility for new conversation within first 24 hours after signing up increases 2.7x. Well, I managed to start 7.
The latest POF version includes the following tools:
- An advanced matching algorithm based not only on your preferences specified manually but also on your recently viewed profiles. It means the app shows results based on your clicks too, not only by specified criteria. For example, if you say you are looking for a 30-year old fitness instructor but view profiles of 40+ businessmen – the search will show you both;
- No limits for sent or received messages;
- Quick compatibility test – worth passing, even if you are not going to actively use the app, I swear;
- Leads sections “ViewedMe”, “MeetMe” and “Nearby”;
- “MyMatches” and “Favorites” to keep most interesting contacts closer;
- “Spark” option – to quote any part of user profile, we all like when someone finds us special;
- Virtual gifts to draw the attention of the user-visible next to your message.
As you have noticed, this app offers a lot of interesting perks you can use for matching.
Performance and user experience – 8/10
As I have previously said, the user experience is excellent due to the intuitive and clean interface, straightforward navigation and opportunity to sort contacts, view people nearby and send gifts for most alluring profiles. The only tiny moment I would consider as negative is relatively small user pics in preview mode even in the updated app version. Another detail that is both an advantage and a problem is free availability in app stores: it means a lot of trashy profiles are registered just because people are curious and not because they are willing to date someone. The performance is not bad for both Android (4.2 user rating) and Apple iOS devices (lower rating due to profiles database quality).
Devices Compatibility – 8/10
No additional information on Android devices compatibility, at the Google Store we can find “varies with device”. The app is compatible with iPhones and iPads with 9.0 iOS and up. This creates limitations for many users with 7.0 and 8.0. However, the app is officially available for Windows 10 Mobile, Windows Phone 8.1, and Windows Phone 8, so no need to download third-party APK.
There is plenty of fish over there, indeed. On this app, you can find many people with different intentions that are clearly specified in their profiles. Most of the time. This app is useful both for hooking up and for long-term relation search. I would recommend using this one among others or switching to this one only depending on your preferences.
Performance and User Experience8.0/10
- Plenty of useful features;
- 100% free messaging;
- Geolocation for dating people nearby.
- Small photos in profiles;
- Mediocre database quality – a lot of freaks;
- Profiles may get blocked due to no serious reason.